This scarf has been long sent off, but I have been out of town for the last couple of weeks, which has kept me from posting. Man, am I happy to be home! At the beginning of January, I ordered yarn to make Danica for the Red Scarf Project. By the middle of January, still no yarn. I am convinced that the mail was so slow due to the great freeze of 2007, during which it did not freeze in my area, but everything shut down. I decided to take matters into my own hands and went to the local craft store to get some yarn that would work. I picked up the only acrylic I can tolerate (as I wanted it to be washable) and got to work. Luckily, I completed this scarf in about a week, just in time to send off. It went pretty quickly because it was just a series of squares, and it’s much easier to wrap my head around doing a few squares at a time then it is to do several rows. I really enjoyed my first attempt at entrelac and hope that the student who receives my scarf enjoys wearing it. And, now I have some yarn that was originally ordered for this scarf to use for something else.
This is a big week for us, as today I am 20 weeks along and on Tuesday we will find out if the little beast is a boy or a girl! I am SO ready to know so that I can get to knitting baby things and get going on the baby quilt. I’ll share the news with you as soon as I have an opportunity on Tuesday or Wednesday.