I’ve seen "good and bad" lists on other blogs recently, so I thought I’d add some funny to it and tell you about my weekend.
- I finished my baby Sherpa hat, as modeled so gracefully by my planter thing. I know the real name for those but don’t know how to spell it so there ya go. The pics are a bit dark because I remembered to take them around dusk last night.
- We rode our bikes this weekend, 3 hours, around 30 miles. I really enjoyed it!
- I also knit half a scarf this weekend. My friend asked me to knit her a novelty yarn scarf so I went out and got the yarn and knit half of it in no time at all.
- I got a free oil change this weekend. I went in to get an inspection and oil change and they only charged me for the inspection. I didn’t realize it until I got home, I had no idea what an inspection costs.
- We went out with friends on Friday night and had a good time.
- My butt has never been more sore. 3 hours on a bike is a long time. I am sore all over but the worst part is the butt pain. Only 4 months until I’ll be on a bike for two days straight, hope this training is working.
- I get back into school this week. I need to go full steam ahead to try and finish my thesis. I am beginning to see a light at the end of the tunnel and have the desire to finish by this summer so I can enjoy the summer, I just may not have much time to enjoy this spring.
- I still didn’t accomplish all I had hoped to this weekend. There are a few more things that must be addressed before I get back into my thesis. I’ll just have to find time this week.
- I took my knitting to the car care place on Saturday morning. I knew it would take a while and Jason was still sleeping so I brought my knitting to keep me busy. I am reaching a point where I like to get reactions when I knit in public. I’m proud of this skill and am okay with people messing with me. The guys kept looking at me, watching me. I know it wasn’t because they were checkin’ me out, I had no makeup on and had barely brushed my hair. When I checked out, every one of them commented on my knitting. One of them asked if I had finished a sweater and the other one told me that the next time I come in I could make him one. I thought it was funny to see these big burly mechanic guys so mesmerized by knitting.