I have been knitting feverishly in an effort to finish the items that I currently have in progress to allow me to be single-minded in my Knitting Olympics Quest. Hopefully, I am presenting to you the first of many finished objects this week. I only have one other item on the needles, but there is also another project I would like to complete before the olympics. More on that later.
For now, I present to you one of my finished Ragamittens. This is a pattern that I had the privilege to test knit for the lovely and talented Jen. It is created with 1 strand mohair and one strand wool held together, creating the subtle color variations and the fuzziness of the mitten. The pattern was a fun and quick knit, while still being challenging enough to keep my interest. Lucky for you, she’ll have it available soon, so make sure you check in on her website for futher details. While making the second one, I realized that I messed the thumb up on this one and didn’t do enough of the ending ribbing. I’m proud to say that I actually took out the bind-off and corrected my error.
Speaking of finishing, I finished my first organized training ride of my cycling season. Here in Houston, we may not be able to wear wool sweaters very often, but we can ride our bikes outside in January. It was a beautiful day and getting into the groove of things was fun. But, I definitely need to train hard because the 45 miles kicked my tail. The MS150 in April is over 150 miles over two days. I’m glad it’s in April and not tomorrow.
I’m excited that this post is finally finished because I have lost it twice now due to my spastic computer. With that, I will hit save quickly so I don’t lose it again!