Here are a few things that are on my mind today.
- We planted some container plants a few weeks ago and we’re starting to get tomatoes and peppers, as you can see above! We have a cherry tomato plant, grape tomato plant and a couple of jalapeño plants, all of which are going strong. Something is eating one of my basil plants, but I moved things around to make it harder for them to get to it, so hopefully that will help.
- Teacher Appreciation week is coming up. Our schools do it in May. I tend to forget about this until the weekend before and then I just throw something together, but I really enjoy putting fun gifts together for the boys’ teachers, so I’m going to try to do a few things ahead of time to avoid the scramble. I’ve started a Pinterest board of ideas if this is something you’ll be doing, too.
- We still have two months before the oldest is out of school, but I’m in the midst of summer planning. Summer this year will include a trip to the beach, some days of entertaining C1 while I work and our first try at swim team. Lots of fun in store, but I want to do as much planning ahead of time as I can to make it as relaxed as possible.
- Jason and C1 are going camping this weekend. It’s a boy scout campout and C1 likes these to be just with dad. I am a little bummed to miss out on the time outside, but C2 and I have a lot of fun planned.
- Last night, I couldn’t decide what to watch so I just watched Carpool Karaoke videos. Oh man, this Adele one is my favorite. I’m sure I’m the last person to watch it but, just in case, go watch it if you haven’t already!