I am generally very goal oriented. Each new year has brought forth a list of goals to meet, some which are attained in that year and others that are not. This year, I am approaching things a bit differently. Maybe it’s having a kid that has changed my perspective, who knows. But, I am going to set just one primary resolution for 2008. To simplify my life. To focus on the things and people I am passionate about and to let the others go. Of course, there are specific ways in which I plan to do this, but that’s the primary thing. Just simplify. I like to think that I live simply, but there are many ways in which I can do better in 2008.
Companies have mission statements and if something doesn’t fit in with their mission, then they don’t do it. Here’s are my mission statements for 2008. If something doesn’t fit with these, then I really need to think twice about how important it is.
- To take the time to be still and focus on my faith.
- To be the best wife and mother that I can be to the boys in my life.
- To put forth my best effort at work so I can leave work at work.
- To continue to cultivate meaningful relationships with my friends and family members.
- To increase my skills and knowledge in crafty pursuits and to use those to benefit others.
Wow, five main priorities. Simplifying already. I’m resisting my urge to further categorize (oh the sub categories that are swimming in my head). Hopefully, the last one will encourage increased blogging! I have several finished projects to tell you about!
For now…Happy New Year from our house to yours!