So it’s been a while. The last two weeks have involved lots of nesting and the transition from enjoying pregnancy to being over it. They have not included much knitting, but I am working on finishing the Technicolor blanket. I would really like to have it finished before the beast gets here, so I’m seaming it. But, seaming is pretty boring and doesn’t make for good pictures.
Since I don’t have a lot to say, I thought I’d do the meme that I got tagged for from my college friend Jen ages ago. You’ve probably seen this one. Here’s the rules:
Each player starts
with 7 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need
to write on their own blog about their seven things, as well as these
rules. You need to choose 7 people to tag and list their names. Don’t
forget to leave them a comment telling them that they have been tagged
and to read your blog!
1. Now that I’m super huge pregnant, I like to sit on the couch with the belly exposed. I guess it’s my way of trying to take some of the pressure off of my ever-stretching skin, but it doesn’t really work. It does succeed in making the husband laugh and in allowing him to see the kiddo move a lot.
2. I have recently (within the last couple of years) acquired the taste of watching baseball on television. Previously, I’ve been okay with going to games, but now I even like watching them from home. It makes for good knitting time, too.
3. While I’m not a huge fan of cleaning the house in general, my most hated cleaning activity is vacuuming. I don’t know why.
4. My feet are swelling with pregnancy, which isn’t unusual. The unusual part is that the right one swells to twice the size of the left one.
5. Ummm…I’m trying not to make this all about the pregnancy, but I’m kind of one track minded nowadays. In the midst of all of my nesting, I cleaned out my craft closet and discovered how much random stationary I have. The kicker is that I don’t often handwrite letters anymore! I need to start that up again. Semi-related, I’m notorious for writing letters and never mailing them. Case in point, the stack of thank you notes on my counter that are finished, just not addressed.
6. The best money we have spent recently is on a cleaning service. It gives us an excuse every two weeks to straighten the house and then we come home and feel like we live in a hotel. It’s a splurge, but well worth it at this point.
7. I’m usually a planner. The husband and I plan and re-plan things constantly. However, we still haven’t firmly selected a name for the kid. There is definitely a difference between being a planner and being decisive.