Amanda tagged me for this little game a few days ago, but I just haven’t had time to do it. Tonight, it’s a fun break from work and homework. Here goes…
1. Total amount of music files on your computer: 670 songs, 1.8 days, 2.57 GB
2. The last CD you bought was: I can’t remember the last time I purchased an actual physical CD, but the last entire CD I purchased off of ITunes was Keane. The last few songs I purchased were Beautiful Soul by Jesse McCartney, You and Me by Lifehouse and Landed by Ben Folds.
3. What is the song you last listened to before reading this message? Sara Smile by Hall & Oates. Seriously, I just purchased it because it really does make me smile. It reminds me of being a kid. When I was little, my family went to buy a Ramcharger and that song came one while we were at the dealership, or so the story that my dad tells goes. Either way, it makes me smile.
4. Write down 5 songs you often listen to or that mean a lot to you: Most of the songs that mean something to me do so because of the people they remind me of, so in no particular order…
– Could Not Ask For More by Edwin McCain – this was my husband and I’s first dance at our wedding.
– Creepin’ In by Norah Jones – Anything from this Norah CD reminds me of my Mom. I grew up thinking my Mom had the most beautiful voice because I loved the feeling of her singing to me.
– Mystery by Indigo Girls – This song reminds me primarily of my friend Jen and the many evenings that we would jump in the car and escape from the world.
– Anything from Whatever and Ever Amen by Ben Folds Five – This is a college CD and reminds me of my best girlfriends from college who are still my best friends to this day.
– Just because they are fun to jam to – Big Yellow Taxi by The Counting Crows and Ants Marching by The Dave Matthews Band
– Newly in the rotation – Answer by Sarah McLachlan and Daughters by John Mayer
Yes, that is a true story about the song Sara Smile. The salesman was charmed by you and when that song came on he mentioned that it fit you. 🙂
And you just made me cry about your comment about Norah Jones songs remind you of me. Of course, you know I dont have a beautiful voice but I did love singing to you. You would sing with me and those are precious memories for me. Love you!