I am so excited to have completed Audrey. It has been several months in the making but I think it will definitely be worth it. I’m just sad now that it’s not cool enough here yet to wear it. It will definitely be ready when the first cool front hits! Plus the Calmer was Yummy! So yummy that I’m almost sad it’s finished, almost, but not really. So, you want some details, right?
I used the alternate decreases provided on the audrey blog. Here’s a closer pic of the front. The pics aren’t exceedingly creative this time since my photographer got a new laptop this weekend and it was all I could do to pull him away for these few pictures!
I learned so much from this sweater. I learned that I can seam things okay, even when I’m afraid of it. Yes, an extra dose of patience is necessary, but it is possible. At one point, I had three or four reference books piled up, all opened to finishing techniques. I was so scared I would mess it up. Luckily, I think it’s okay. There’s only one seam I’m not estatic about and that’s by virtue of the way I knit the sweater, not the seaming. For some reason, I ended up with four purl rows all together on one side, breaking up the ribbing. But, it doesn’t bother me because I can’t see it since it’s under my arm. I also learned from this sweater and from Purple Penny that in order to fit me, I should always make the body at least 2 inches longer and the sleeves 3 inches longer than called for. I have known for some time that I have go-go-gadget arms, but I guess I didn’t realize that I have a long torso, too. I’m satisfied with Audrey but if I were to make it again, I would make it longer. For now, I sit and wait, wishing for a cool front to give me the opportunity to wear Audrey.