It all started Friday night with a trip to my not-so LYS. It’s generally about a 20 minute drive from where I work, which is about 30 minutes from where I live. It also happens to be in the heart of the city which means that traffic is insane. So, it took me about 45 minutes to get there from work. Anyway, I wandered the aisles for quite a while trying to make a decision about what wrap to make and what yarn to use. In the end, the Kidsilk Haze just kept calling to me. I do realize that it was just trying to lure me into it’s lair where it knew I would not be able to escape the fuzzy web it creates, but I also knew that I wouldn’t be satisfied if I didn’t give it a try.
So, Friday, I got home and got to work. I cast on around 3 times before I was able to keep the yarn from tangling. Then, I worked one pattern repeat from Friday night to Saturday afternoon, when I realized I had gotten off track somewhere. Really, I had realized it earlier but refused to believe it until a full pattern repeat was complete and it looked horrible. So, a froggin’ we went. I cast on again Sunday morning and have since worked a pattern repeat and I think it looks right this time. The most difficult part of all of this is that I’m not sure how it’s supposed to look exactly. But, my pace is getting quicker and I’m becoming more comfortable with the pattern as I go. This is definitely an attention hungry project, but for now I’m enjoying the challenge.
Don’t worry, Audrey has not been neglected. I cast on for Audrey on Saturday and worked to the point where the decreases begin. At that point I stopped because there has been some talk about those decreases not looking very neat so I want to wait and get input from the other very wise folks in the knit-along.
I can’t believe it’s already Monday. Back to work, back to school. Have a good week!